[kad_youtube url=”https://youtu.be/NKlnMOLh1Y8″ ]
Sweet potato chips | Crispy Korean sweet potato chips
These sweet potato chips make a wonderful snack or a perfect side dish to any protein that comes off the grill.
This dish is made with Korean sweet potatoes, aka goguma. Goguma is a common ingredient in Korean cuisine.
I have started seeing Korean sweet potatoes increasingly more at conventional grocery stores and farmer’s markets because their nutritional value has been praised more recently.
Korean sweet potatoes are pale in color compared to yams. They are dense and woody when raw, but when baked they become very sweet and crispy.
These sweet potato chips are a perfect side dish to make while you are cooking the rest of your meal. You can bake them in the oven for 25 minutes as you prepare other things. You don’t need to flip them over or do anything else.
By adding fire to these Korean sweet potatoes and they will transform into sweet crispy treats.
Bake them for about 25 minutes, or until golden brown and delicious.
These sweet potato chips are crispy, slightly sweet, with a nice hint of oregano. The naturally sweet potato flavor with the oregano is a match made in heaven.
You will have a hard time not snacking all of these delicious Korean sweet potato chips in one go.
So try this simple and easy sweet potato recipe and let me know what you think.
Eat Real, Be Real
Prep: 35 minutes Active: 10 minutes
2 Korean sweet potatoes ( about 0.4 Lbs) each
4-5 pinches sea salt
2 tsp dried oregano
3 Tbsp unrefined coconut oil
- Pre-heat the oven 375 degree
- Thinly slice the sweet potatoes about 1/16 inch thick, using a food processor.
*I often use my beloved food processor to save time and labor. If you don’t have a processor you can use a mandoline or a knife, it will just take you a bit longer.
- Spread them out onto a baking sheet.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Using your hands, mix this well together. Take care to sort of coat each piece with some oil and seasoning as you go. Set aside.
- To an empty baking sheet, with your oily hands, rub the baking sheet down to prevent your taters from sticking
- Divide the seasoning sweet potatoes roughly in half and spread them out onto two baking sheets.
- Place these into the pre-heated 375 degree oven, taking care to keep both sheets toward the top of the oven.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until golden brown and delicious.
- Serve and enjoy.
Resources I mentioned in the video:
Download 5 Things I Did
Download a FREE list of 5 Things I did to transform my skin to look beautiful & become medicine FREE