Yellow pickled radish is a staple side dish in Korea. It’s called Danmuji: 단무지 in Korean. This yellow pickled radish is super easy to make and packed with tangy flavor and nutrition.
I upgraded this Korean staple dish to make them instantly, yet full of flavors. The yellow pickled radish also uses organic apple cider vinegar, turmeric, and licorice which are known to lower the inflammation in the body.
(If you have a chronic inflammatory condition like I do, I highly recommend using ingredients to lower your inflammation naturally – Find Out my journey becoming medicine free after 30 years of relying on steroid medicine)
Also, licorice root is known to improve your gut health and support your immune system.
(Talking about gut health, you’ve heard the news about the importance of probiotic foods, right? – Download 3 Kimchi Problems to Avoid )
The yellow pickled radish best served chilled.
This pickled radish is cold, crunchy, sour with a hint of sweetness. This will make a perfect side dish for any summer BBQ.
Enjoy the gift from Mother Nature.
Eat Real, Be Real
Sun aka Hungry Gopher
It makes about a half gallon jar
Prep: 15 minutes Active: 15 minutes
DISH PAIRING TIP: Korean Pork Hock
daikon radish, sliced this into thin wheels, about 1/4 inch (0.5 cm)
1 ½ cup organic apple cider vinegar
1 ½ cup water
1 ½ tsp organic turmeric powder
⅓ tsp organic licorice powder.
- In a large pot, add all the ingredients for the brine. Mix this well together.
- Then, taste it. It should taste a little pungent and extra sour because it’s going to brine an entire daikon radish.
- Bring this to a boil. When it bubbles up on the side of a pan, turn the heat off.
- Add the daikon radish that we prepared earlier. Using a spoon, simply stir the pot a couple of times.
- Leave it at room temperature until it’s cool enough to pack in a jar. Then, pack it in a glass container and keep it in the refrigerator.
- Serve them chilled with your favorite BBQ or Korean Pork hock dish.
Gopher’s Tips & Resources :
- Buy organic spices in bulk online. This saves money and time. Stock your pantry with good-for-you spices. I use these organic turmeric powder and licorice powder.
- Korean Pork Hock Recipe
Download 5 Things I Did
Download a FREE list of 5 Things I did to transform my skin to look beautiful & become medicine FREE