Healthy desserts? Get out of here… That is an oxymoron.
You have a point. However, sweet creamy desserts are something we all crave. No matter how strong your willpower is eventually, we all cave in. That is unless you are an android. (call me if you are, I would love to meet ya)
This 4 ingredient, gluten-free dessert is one of my favorite healthy desserts. The creamy coconut with the warm rice is so satisfying. Also, the sweet and sour of the fresh chilled mango adds a whole new dimension to this dish.
Try this easy gluten free dessert this summer when mangoes are plenty and sweet.
Eat Real, Be Real
* You might also like this 10 Minute Water Kimchi to cool down this hot summer days
Prep: 30 minutes Active: 10 minutes
⅓ cup sweet rice, cooked (yield about 1 ¾ cup when cooked)
2 mangoes or persimmons, cubed into 1 inch/ 2cm pieces
¾ cup coconut cream (3 TBSP per serving)
Mint, optional (but highly recommended)
- Place a quarter of the rice on a plate as 0,5 inch/ 1cm thick layer.
- Add 3 Tbsp coconut cream on top of the rice.
- Sprinkle two pinches of sea salt on top.
- Place the quarter of the cubed mango on top.
- Garnish it with mint.
- Repeat the step 1-5 to make three more servings.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Another delicious gluten free dessert – coconut milk popsicle with adzuki beans
- To learn more about Korean sweet rice, watch INTRODUCTION OF KOREAN RICE CAKES
- My beloved rice cooker/ pressure cooker – Cuckoo CRP-HS0657F