Fermentation in action – kimchi juice salad dressing
Fermentation might seem intimidating and complicated, but it doesn’t have to be. Having probiotic foods on a daily basis can be simply achieved by utilizing kimchi juice. This ensures that you have probiotic-rich foods in your diet. Also, it’s a great way to actively utilize precious ingredients without wasting resources.
In this recipe, I am using white kimchi juice. White kimchi or, Baek Kimchi, is a lesser known type of kimchi outside of Korea. Its history goes way back beyond the well known, red kimchi, with gochugaru. Also, it can be a great alternative if you are sensitive to spicy foods.
The recipe for Baek Kimchi is in The Ultimate 3 Kimchi Recipe Book. This dressing can be also made with any type of kimchi juice, except water-kimchi.
So try this kimchi juice salad dressing and rock fermentation =)
Eat Real, Be Real
Here is my story about how I lost 14 pounds in 12 months. And, how I got off steroidal medicine for the first time in my life, in over 3 decades…
Prep: 5 minutes Active: 5 minutes
¼ cup kimchi juice
¼ cup olive oil or sesame oil
½ tsp sea salt
½ tsp black pepper
2 tsp maple syrup (adjust this amount based on the sweetness level of the kimchi juice & your taste)
- Add all the ingredients to a wide mouth bottle or jar.
- Close the lid and shake it well until everything is well incorporated.
- Drizzle it over your favorite greens and enjoy. *This kimchi juice salad dressing can be kept in the refrigerator for several months. Shake it well before use.
Resources I mentioned in the video:
- White Kimchi Recipe in The Ultimate 3 Kimchi Recipe Book
- Hungry Gopher’s Free Kimchi Recipes