Easy Cucumber Kimchi Recipe in 5 minutes
I love cucumbers. They are refreshing, crunchy, and delicious. Cucumbers are one of staple vegetables commonly found in my fridge. How do I eat them? For a quick snack, I slice them into sticks and eat them with a delicious Korean dipping sauce called, ssamjang. I also make a 5 minute Korean cucumber salad, turn them into cucumber kimchi, add a slice to my fizzy water, or cover my face with thin slices of cucumber to naturally moisturize my face. (“Mr. Lunch claims that I look like a “salad” when I do this”.)
Cucumbers have a seemingly endless number of uses.
Last week, I was thrilled to see cucumbers popping up all over my local farmer’s market. Yet another reason I love the dawn of summer.
Try this nourishing, delicious cucumber kimchi and give these under-appreciated cucumbers a big shout out!
- 4 Persian cucumbers
- 1/4 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup garlic chives, cut into 2 inch pieces
- ½ tsp. garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. cane sugar
- ¾ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp. [url href=”https://hungrygopher.com/284/”]Gochugaru[/url] (Korean red pepper flakes) [br]*Adjust this amount to suit your preferred level of spice
- Trim the ends of the cucumbers and cut them in half lengthwise. Then, cut each half into quarters lengthwise. Add them to a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring it all together.
- Serve and enjoy.
Can’t find ingredients? Here is an online source for Korean Ingredients.