Salad Recipes – Korean Cold Tofu Salad in 5 Minutes
I love easy salad recipes. This Korean cold tofu salad recipe is a common side dish in Korea. It’s one of the favorite recipes in my quick salad repertoire. Best of all, it takes only five minutes to make. It’s a perfect dish for warmer weather, it requires no cooking and it will cool your palate.
As I have been doing most of my grocery shopping at my local farmer’s market lately. I have realized that the things that are in season and/or made with quality ingredients have so much more flavor.
When I tried Meiji Tofu from the farmer’s market which is made from NON-GMO soybeans that are grown in the state of Ohio I was so impressed. The subtle nutty flavors of the tofu reminded of daily made tofu that I used to have in Korea. Meiji also makes their tofu fresh daily 😉
Ah… Things are so much better with real flavors.
So use organic tofu and try to make sure it’s non-GMO if you can.
Eat Real, Be Real
SERVES 4 as an appetizer
Prep: 5 minutes Active: 5 minutes
¼ garlic, minced (½ garlic clove)
2 tsp soy sauce (more info and shopping guide of gluten-free soy sauce )
2 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp rice vinegar
2 tsp maple syrup
A pinch or two gochugaru (optional – more info and shopping guide of gochugaru )
Garnish – optional
Scallion, finely chopped
red pepper threads
- Take the tofu out of the package and drain the excess liquid. Leave this rest in a bowl as we prepare the other ingredients. Some more water will leech out while it rests, which is what we want.
- In the meantime, combine all the Sauce ingredients into a small mixing bowl. Bring this all together.
- Quarter the tofu block and place one piece in a bowl and drizzle a quarter of the sauce over it.
- garnish this with some finely chopped scallion and some red pepper threads.
- Serve and enjoy.
- This sauce makes for a great green salad dressing as well. So you can always make up a larger batch of it and keep it on hand in the refrigerator.
- Try this recipe along side your favorite piece of fish, some Korean Spicy Pork, or serve as a chilled appetizer on a hot summer day.
Resources I mentioned in the video:
- gluten free soy sauce
Download 5 Things I Did
Download a FREE list of 5 Things I did to transform my skin to look beautiful & become medicine FREE