Weight loss after 40 seems challenging if it’s not nearly impossible. Often in weight loss, we talk about the importance of calories and exercise. In other words, how do you discipline yourself — from the things you enjoy or do the things you don’t like doing? But in reality, if you’re going to have a sustainable weight loss, counting calories and doing exercise isn’t the most important thing to focus on…
In 2015, for the first time in my life, I got the flat belly in my 40’s.
In 12 months, I lost 14 pounds and never saw them again.
For a couple of decades before that point, I had tried to lose weight with all sorts of diet/ weight loss programs… the result doesn’t seem to stay…
Here are my 3 Weight Loss Tips Over 40 (with no bounce back tips)
Step #1: Start your day with the things you like to do
- Actively notice what make you feel good
- For example, I like nature, walk at the park, and sunshine
- Structure your day with your “feel good” activities and make them as a self-caring commitment
- These activities are also built-in exercise = automatic weight loss after 40
Step #2: Focus on eating what you enjoy eating
- The quality of the food is more critical than the category of food.
- For example, I love pork belly, avocados, seafood, and local, seasonal vegetables.
- Upgrade your food as much as you can – organic, local foods are full of flavors and nutrition.
- I highly recommend farmers market vegetables and fruits.
- You might enjoy the farmer’s market health and wellness cooking demo I gave.
- Upgrading the food you eat often is one of the keys to having a sustainable weight loss – this way, it leads to sustainable weight loss.
- Learn to love food, not abusing it.
- “You don’t abuse what you love. You abuse what you need.” – Mario Martinez.
- Learn what causes inflammation and remove/reduce inflammatory foods from your diet
Step #3: Be kind to yourself
- For example, just yesterday, I overate so much that my belly hurt. So I stopped. The next step is essential. I noticed that I overate. Rather than punishing myself, I came to the park today, being really kind to myself, and sharing my weight loss transformation story with you…
- I didn’t fail. I got the feedback that I could improve on. – this is the mindset you want to focus on
- Put these 3 Weight loss tips in use and leave a comment below to join the conversation.
- What do you think about these 3 Weight loss tips? Hit the comment button below right now to leave a comment.
Leave a comment below. Share your story