[kad_youtube url=”https://youtu.be/KD55TEYrg94″ width=500 height=300 ]
Tasting new dishes for the first time is one of the purest joys in life. When I first came to the states, I found this wonderful invention called, “Buffalo Wings”. I first had them at a ‘mom and pop’ pizza place in Athens, Georgia. I was immediately blown away by the pungent flavors from the sauce and the scrumptiously, fatty chicken wings. Now that’s a great American invention^^ Since then, my love affair with wings has been going steady as I have experimented with various sauces over the years. Simply put, ” the secret is in the sauce”, right? I admit, I am not a big fan of deep-frying at home, so I was so thrilled when I got this oven-baked recipe down.
Just as crsipy and delicious as fried ~ Trust me, I’m not about to sacrifice flavor!
These crispy chicken wings smothered with my special kimchi sauce will be a wonderful addition to your Super Bowl party. Whenever these wings are served, it’s always a party in my book^^
Enjoy this recipe and let me know how it turns out ~
Eat Real, Be Real
MAKES 20 wings
Total: 45 minutes Active: 25 minutes
10 chicken wings, drumettes and flats separated
3 Tbsp. sweet rice flour or corn starch
Salt and pepper, to season the wings
1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted
KILLER KIMCHI SAUCE
1 Tbsp. sesame oil
5 tsp. minced garlic
1/2 cup kimchi juice
2 Tbsp. honey
1/8 tsp. coarse kosher salt
2 tsp Gochugaru, Korean chili pepper flakes
(adjust this amount to your preferred spicy level or skip it if you prefer)
5 tsp. rice vinegar
1 Tbsp. butter
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Place a wire rack on the sheet.
2. Put the wings on the prepared rack, spreading them out in a single layer. Salt and pepper the wings, both sides.
3. Lightly dust the wings with sweet rice flour or corn starch.
4. Brush 1/2 stick of melted butter over the wings – both sides.
5. Bake wings until cooked through and the skin is crispy, 35-40 minutes minutes. Take care to turn them over after 20 minutes.
6. To make the Killer kimchi sauce: Heat a non-stick skillet over high heat. Add the sesame oil and garlic. Saute this about 1-2 minutes until the garlic turns golden. Reduce the heat to medium and add the kimchi juice ( gently, to avoid splashing). Bring the pan back to high heat. Add the rest of the ingredients for the sauce, except the 1Tbsp. of butter. Continue to cook about 5 minutes until all the flavors come together, and the sauce thickens. Then add the butter, stir until combined, and turn off the heat.
7. Toss the wings in the sauce.
8. Garnish with crushed peanuts and thinly sliced green onion.
9. Serve and enjoy whilst they are piping hot ^^
Crushed peanuts are a commonly used ingredient for Korean fried chicken. It really adds to the flavor and texture. Give it a try!
Download 5 Things I Did
Download a FREE list of 5 Things I did to transform my skin to look beautiful & become medicine FREE