[kad_youtube url=”https://youtu.be/RrKiNmqgVz8″ width=500 height=300 ]
Vegetable fried rice is the perfect dish to make when you want to use up the hodgepodge of vegetables in your refrigerator. You simply, add colorful vegetables to get a wide range of nutrition, and stir fry them quickly with some day old rice. It is a fantastic way to transform the unwelcome clutter into a tasty meal. Don’t forget to add roasted seaweed! Seaweed is the secret ingredient when it comes to Korean fried rice.
Enjoy this recipe and let me know how it goes ~
SIDE DISH PAIRING TIP: Korean Pickled Radish or Kimchi
Total: 15 minutes Active: 15 minutes
1½ cups king oyster mushrooms, diced (any meaty mushrooms)
3 cloves garlic, diced
½ cup carrots, diced
½ cup onion, diced
½ cup green pepper, diced
1 ½ cups rice, preferably a day old (from the fridge)
1 sheet roasted seaweed, optional, but strongly recommended
2 tsp. unrefined coconut oil
1 tsp. sesame oil
½ tsp. soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste
1. Add 1 tsp. of coconut oil to a large skillet over high heat. Add the diced mushrooms and saute for about 3-4 minutes, until they start to brown.
2. Then, add the garlic and rest of the vegetables, and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Add a couple pinches of salt and pepper to taste. Be sure to stir the vegetables often.
3. Add the sesame oil and give it a good stir.
*Adding the extra oil at this stage is important. This keeps the rice you are about to add from sticking and burning.
4. Add the rice. Mix it well together. Add the soy sauce and a couple pinches of salt and pepper to taste. Cook it about 3-5 minutes, until the rice is warm through and starts to take some color. Stir it often.
*If there are some clumps of rice in the pan, be sure to break them up with your spatula as you go.
5. Crumble the roasted seaweed over the pan and combine.
6. Remove from the heat. Finally, garnish with sesame seeds and sesame oil. Serve and enjoy ^^
*I am serving this with a poached egg for extra protein. Feel free to serve this by itself or accompanied by any style of egg you choo
Click here for a printable recipe
Day old rice yields a better texture and does not tend to clump together and get mushy like fresh rice would. If you only have fresh rice on hand, spread the rice out on a plate, and place it in the freezer for about 15 minutes while you are preparing the other ingredients.
Download 5 Things I Did
Download a FREE list of 5 Things I did to transform my skin to look beautiful & become medicine FREE