So try this simple, yet delicious Korean side dish ~
Total: 15 minutes Active: 15 minutes
- Egg Mixture
- 5 eggs
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp water
1/4 cup carrot, chopped
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- ¼ cup green onion, sliced
- ¼ tsp vinegar
- virgin coconut oil
- To prepare the egg mixture, add all the ingredients of the egg mixture to a medium mixing bowl and whisk it well. Pour it through a fine sieve to get rid of the chalaza, the thick ropey strands of the egg white.
* Removing the chalaza will make the texture of the egg roll optimally smooth.
- Add the carrot, onion, green onion, and vinegar to the egg mixture. Mix it well together.
*Vinegar will help the eggs to coagulate, which will make rolling up the egg easier.
- Heat a 12 inch non-stick skillet and coat it with the coconut oil. Lower the heat to medium low.
- Add half of the mixture to the skillet, roll it around to spread it out. Let it cook 2-3 minutes until it’s half way done. Then, start to roll it up with a spatula until it’s about half way rolled up. Coat the exposed side of the skillet with the coconut oil. Next, slide the egg roll to the side and coat the other side of the skillet with the oil.
* When is an optimal time to start rolling? There should be some liquid left on top, but the liquid should not move when the skillet is moved around.
- Add half of the remaining mixture, repeat step 4.
- Add the rest of the mixture, roll it around to spread it out. Let it cook 2-3 minutes until it’s half way done. Roll it up completely.
- Turn the heat off and continue to cook and shape the roll with the remaining heat.
- Rest it a few minutes. Slice and serve. Enjoy^^
Take care to have as little color as possible when cooking the egg. You don’t want to develop browning. Having less color will yield a creamier texture.
Don’t worry if the roll tears a bit whilst cooking. Watch my video to see how to fix it in action^^ You may have to make this dish a few times to perfect the technique. Don’t worry, regardless of perfect form, the result will be delicious ~
It is important to have a good none-stick skillet to make Korean egg roll, T-fal is my trusted fry pan.
Download 5 Things I Did
Download a FREE list of 5 Things I did to transform my skin to look beautiful & become medicine FREE